Cells & Viruses WebQuest
We have learned that there was a major influenza pandemic in 1918. We have also learned that researchers reconstructed this virus in 2005 in order to study it further in hopes of preventing another catastrophic flu pandemic. Now we need to learn more about what viruses are and how they work. The background you gain from this webquest will be critical to your understanding of this project!
The purpose of this webquest is to answer the 4 big questions:
- What are the main parts of a human cell and what does each do?
- What is a virus?
- How are viruses and human cells similar and how are they different?
- How do viruses infect cells and replicate (make copies of themselves)?
- I can identify the main parts of the cell and explain what each part does
- I can compare and contrast viruses and cells
- I can describe and diagram the process of viral infection and replication
Answer the 4 big questions above (in the Purpose section). Using the web-based resources provided, create either:
- A series of 3 blog posts, OR
- A series of 3 PowerPoint slides
- NOTE: If you choose to use PowerPoint, please post it to your blog and edmodo so that I can check it out!
Use the information on these pages to complete this webquest